Job Title: Technical Author Harlow
Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Job Summary: A Technical Author may be responsible for managing small projects and reporting to the Senior Project Manager when working. A Technical Author is responsible for the production of technical documentation.
What the job entails: As a technical author you will be responsible for the production, maintenance, amendment, editing, storage and issue of Electronic and Technical Publication/Specifications covering a wide variety of subjects including radar transmitters/receivers, air traffic control systems, hardware and software installation, flight trials, electronic components, etc.
Qualifications and Skills will include:
- An excellent command of the English language.
- An engineering background is essential, and preferably educated to degree level.
- Technical qualifications appropriate to the types of projects in which they will be involved.
- The ability to interpret technical information, including drawings, and present it as useful and informative technical publications.
- Experience of the word processing and other software packages that are used in the production of technical documentation.
- The ability to work well as part of a multi-skilled team.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- The ability to recognise further business opportunities for the company.
- To travel and work at customer’s sites as required (this may include overseas travel).
- An awareness of the commercial implications of Project Management decisions.
£28-30K – dependent on experience.
Please email us your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org